Job Post Information* : Posted Date
5 months ago(8/14/2018 10:02 AM)
# of Openings
As a member of Enel X's Sales Team, you will collaborate with other Solutions Engineers (SEs) and Business Development Managers (BDMs) to provide technical support needed to execute the Sales plan. You will support development of behind the meter distributed energy solutions including technical services and products to customer. With this goal in mind, you will work to understand customer’s technical desired environment and requirements, develop the best solutions to meet the customer need, develop the business case for both internal and external stakeholders, and support the Sales Team in presenting this business case to the customer.
Enel X is seeing incredible growth in sales. This is an incredible opportunity for someone that wants to help drive significant growth and demonstrate technical leadership at a company that is driving innovation at the global level.
- Minimum 6 years professional experience.
- B.S. or B.A. in engineering, business management, economics, mathematics, computer science or equivalent required;
- Prior energy efficiency, energy management and distributed generation experience in a commercial and industrial context.
- Strong proficiency in building management control systems, automation, and transfer switch gear configurations.
- Prior Sales/Project Development Engineer experience or technical sales process understanding preferred.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Professional Engineer (PE), or LEED credentials preferred.
A successful Solutions Engineer will achieve success by:
- Driving results in comprehensive, actionable and achievable proposals that align with customer outcomes.
- Play a major role in winning large distributed generation deals.
- Serve as a crucial component of the sales process.
- Meet productivity goals, to include Total Contracted Margin on deals influenced, close ratio, total number of support engagements performed and customer support metrics.
- Support a team of BDMs in the development and sale of generator and transfer switch upgrade solutions, natural gas and diesel back up generation packages, and overall resiliency system design.
- Evaluate feasibility of behind the meter distributed generation solutions within an evolving regulatory environment.
- Conduct on-site visits with prospective customers to inspect existing equipment and configurations.
- Explain how the energy management solutions can help achieve customer outcomes; demonstrate the control and software capabilities.
- Address technical and implementation questions from prospective customers.
- Gather and analyze customer requirements and energy data to make recommendations.
- Develop scope of work in support of customer contracts
- Coordinate with vendors to scope and price sub-contracted work
- Visit customer sites to better understand their energy usage, identify opportunities for improvement and scope data acquisition solutions (as applicable).
- Understand and navigate regulations, permitting standards and emissions impact of behind the meter DG
- Participate in feedback loop with internal stakeholders (e.g. Product Management) to share common customer requirements, for advancement of our products and services.
- Position EnerNOC solutions effectively against the competition.
- Develop strong technical champions within existing and prospective customers.
- Develop and maintain strong internal network to facilitate in gathering information from varied groups within the organization.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the technical solution sale.
- Track and report on pipeline for the solution
- Be able to travel up to 75% to customer sites, internal meetings, and other related events.
Core Skills and Talents:
- Proven ability to establish credibility and build confidence quickly with all levels of customer and internal decision makers, influencers, and stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills; exceptional listening skills.
- Able to clearly explain technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good interpersonal skills. Build strong internal and customer relationships.
- Solid technical skills and competence. Demonstrated proficiency in on-site energy generation solutions.
- Proactive problem solving and analytical skills; formulates creative solutions that will deliver real business value; eliminates roadblocks.
- Strategic and business thinking skills and acumen.
- Well organized; manages multiple projects and relationships simultaneously.
- Works well under pressure – managing customer expectations, time constraints, competitive situations, etc.
- Takes personal responsibility for achieving individual and team goals and objectives.
- Comfortable as a team player or working independently. Takes initiative. Self-directed.
- Collaborates well with others. Provides leadership through influence.
- Consistently meets and exceeds performance goals. Overachieves against plans.
- Enjoys customer interaction and co-selling.